Luggage Shipping to Fiji
If you are moving to Fiji or planning an extended trip there, you can avoid excess baggage fees from your airline by sending your possessions to Fiji with Send My Bag. This means you don't have to leave out any of your favourite possessions, plus you get to travel light.
Important Fiji Customs Information
Shipments must have a value under 400FJD to be considered for duty free import. All shipments over this value will incur duty and or taxes.
General Customs Information
Due to most countries offering a duty-free allowance for personal effects, most Send My Bag shipments will not be stopped by customs officials.
Customs normally view personal effects as items that have been in the sender’s possession for at least six months. If you send brand new or commercial items in your shipment, you may be required to pay taxes and duties.
You should bear this in mind if sending brand new items, such as Christmas or birthday presents, to Fiji. You should research beforehand any customs duties you might have to pay, take any advice given by Fijian customs, and attach any documentation required of you.
To indicate to customs officials that you are only sending personal effects, you need to complete a packing list online, which should be completed as follows: "6 x Pairs Cotton Socks, 2 x Linen Skirt, 2 x Pairs Leather Sandals", and so on, rather than as "10 x Used Clothing".
We suggest that all travellers take a moment to see how their personal circumstances and what they are sending will be viewed by Fijian customs officials, given that customs processes vary according to country.
Further information can be found on our customs information page.
What can I send to Fiji? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a holiday suitcase, for security and customs reasons however certain items are prohibited, please find these listed below.
A maximum of 1 lithium battery is permitted per shipment (excludes to / from Australia) when it is contained within a working personal electronic device such as a mobile phone. Review our battery policy.
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type (including nail varnish and perfume);
- Toner Cartridges;
- Loose Batteries & Power Banks;
- No more than 1 device containing a battery in line with our battery policy;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations and toys of same);
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable, animal origin and controlled food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Fruit & vegetables, dairy products (including dried products containing dairy such as protein powder), meat, fish, nuts, seeds, wine, beer, spirits and champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones and electrical equipment (low value electrical equipment is permitted but sent at the owner's risk);
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Credit cards;
- Passports or other confidential personal documentation;
- Irreplaceable items;
- Other Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Counterfeit goods;
- Other illegal or restricted goods.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Mobile Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.