Shipping Skis Overseas with Send My Bag
With low cost airline charges rising and legacy carriers reducing luggage allowances at certain times of the year we're more Send My Skis than Send My Bag! To help you make the most of your winter sports trip we’ve compiled the top tips below for sending skis and snowboards:
- It’s common for skis to arrive ahead of vacationers and reps will be happy to help. If you’re staying in accommodation such as a chalet which does not receive regular post or courier deliveries please enquire with your ski resort as to the best on-site delivery and collection point and use this address when booking. If you’re a seasonaire check with your employer as you may use a different location. We always recommend sending to a resort address where someone is available to sign for the delivery throughout the day. Due to the nature of ski resort locations, on your return leg your bag may need to be collected the day after the date you originally requested. If this is the case, having items collected from a resort address, as opposed to a personal accommodation address, will avoid disruption.
- Due to the nature of ski resorts, accessibility can change quickly; weather conditions within a 50 mile radius can affect our drivers’ schedules. We advise you have your luggage due to arrive at least 3 working days before you arrive, or at least 5 days if you receive a remote area popup during booking, to allow for any unexpected delays.
- As standard, Send My Bag does not call ahead before a collection takes place, however in some areas this may be necessary, so if you receive a call from an unknown number please answer it. Please also provide a local telephone number as the depot may be unable to call an international mobile. If you are unable to provide a local number and your collection does fail please request a free call back from Send My Bag or use one of our local rate international numbers.
- Measure your items accurately. Ski and snowboard gear bags can get quite bulky. Send My Bag prices are based on both size & weight. Items are measured electronically by a laser scan and if your item has larger dimensions, an extra charge may be due. So, to avoid any surprises, measure from the longest and widest points. We also advise securing any straps that may flap around.
- Pack your ski gear appropriately for travel on our automated network. All ski gear should be well packaged inside freight-approved cases. If your gear is sent in non freigt-approved cases, within a carry case or within a box, Send My Bag cannot cover you against damage and, as such, you should pack your item thoroughly and ensure you're own sports or travel insurance has you covered. Check out our how to prepare sports equipment FAQ.
- Extend your cover during the booking process to between £250 - £1500 per item. If your gear is valued at more than £1500 please ensure you have appropriate specialist sports equipment, home (valuable items outside the home clause) or travel insurance in place to cover you to the full value you require – speak to your insurer before travel.
- Label your item correctly, request free Send My Bag label holders during booking and use these to securely attach your tracking labels. Book at least a week in advance to ensure they will arrive by post before you travel.
Track your bag online. We’ll send you alerts when your bag is collected and again when it’s out for delivery, but we highly recommend you use the Send My Bag App or log-in to your account to track you bag; never wait in for a delivery unless our tracking shows the bag as out for delivery.
- Share your link! If you’re working for the season or have friends also travelling, once your bags are booked log-in to your Send My Bag account and access your My Rewards link. By signing up from your link friends will receive a discount on their first order. We’ll also reward you with Send My Bag points just for sharing, and when someone uses your link we’ll add more points. Points can be converted to credit to save money on future shipments.
- Read reviews of Send My Bag to see how happy others are with our service and book today.
Improve your skiing holiday by choosing to ship your skis abroad with Send My Bag. This will often work out cheaper than checking in your skis when you fly, save unexpected excess baggage or overweight fees and certainly make your travel lighter! Our convenient and efficient ski shipping service allows us to send skis around the world and have them delivered to your ski resort, ready for your arrival.
The advantages of sending skis abroad are fairly extensive – why lug all your skiing equipment through an airport and then potentially be charged extortionate fees by your airline due to excess baggage, on both outbound and inbound journeys. Why not bypass all of this and ship direct in advance?
Skip the airport queues and benefit from our door-to-door shipping service, allowing you to travel worry-free, knowing our ski shipping service will have your skis ready and waiting for you when you arrive.
Shipping skis Overseas
Using a courier like Send My Bag is much different to using an airline or a regular courier service. We offer extremely competitive pricing and are able to ensure that your skis will be safely delivered in good time before your arrival, whilst keeping you up-to-date and informed, every step of the way.
We are always improving our courier routes, allowing us to offer the best pricing worldwide for shipping skis from one destination to another. Shipping skis overseas with Send My Bag couldn’t be easier. We don’t have a minimum booking fee, nor do we have any hidden charges or fees, we simply pride ourselves on our streamlined ski shipping booking service. This makes us a convenient one-stop shop when you are looking to send skis and thereby avoid airline costs.
We’ll organise one of our drivers to come and collect your skis on the agreed day and will take care of the rest for you. Once you’ve caught your flight, there’s no need to worry, you can even track them every step of the way on the Send My Bag app.
Our ski Courier Service
We introduced our ski shipping service a number of years ago as a result of high demand. Over time we've expanded our routes and secured consistently low prices all while maintaining a quality service. We recommend planning the arrival of your skis a few days in advance of your arrival to ensure they are waiting for you upon your arrival, thus making your trip worry and stress free.
For further peace of mind, you can also keep a close eye on the progress of your in your account skis online or via the Send My Bag App. This will allow you to monitor where your ski equipment is around the clock.