Luggage Shipping to Vanuatu
Important Vanuatu Customs Information
General Customs Information
Most Send My Bag shipments pass through customs without being stopped because the majority of countries offer a generous duty-free allowance for personal effects. These are items that have been in the sender's possession for at least 6 months.
To indicate to customs officials that your shipment consists of personal effects, you must complete a short packing list online, as follows: "5 x Cotton T-Shirt, 2 x Linen Skirt, 3 x Pairs Leather Sandals", and so on, rather than as "10 x Used Clothing".
If Vanuatu customs discover brand new or commercial items in your shipment you may have to pay customs duties and taxes. This is something to think about if you are sending Christmas gifts to Vanuatu. Please check beforehand with local customs so you are aware of any customs duties that need to be paid, follow any advice provided and include all documentation required of you.
Because customs processes are different in different countries, please make sure you are aware of how your shipment will be viewed by Vanuatu customs.
Further information is available on our customs information page.
What can I send to Vanuatu? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a holiday suitcase, for security and customs reasons however certain items are prohibited, please find these listed below.
A maximum of 1 lithium battery is permitted per shipment (excludes to / from Australia) when it is contained within a working personal electronic device such as a mobile phone. Review our battery policy.
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type (including nail varnish and perfume);
- Toner Cartridges;
- Loose Batteries & Power Banks;
- No more than 1 device containing a battery in line with our battery policy;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations and toys of same);
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable, animal origin and controlled food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Fruit & vegetables, dairy products (including dried products containing dairy such as protein powder), meat, fish, nuts, seeds, wine, beer, spirits and champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones and electrical equipment (low value electrical equipment is permitted but sent at the owner's risk);
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Credit cards;
- Passports or other confidential personal documentation;
- Irreplaceable items;
- Other Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Counterfeit goods;
- Other illegal or restricted goods.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Mobile Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.