Luggage Shipping to Turks and Caicos Islands
Important Turks and Caicos Islands Customs Information
General Customs Information
Personal effects are items that have been in the sender’s possession for at least six months. Most countries allow personal effects to cross their borders duty-free, which means that most Send My Bag shipments will not be stopped by customs.
However, if you ship brand new or commercial items, such as gifts, you may have to pay taxes and duties.
Before you send your items, you should look into any customs duties you might have to pay, take any advice given by Turks and Caicos customs, and attach any documentation required of you.
To show that you are only sending personal effects, you must complete a packing list online, to be completed in the following non-generic way: "3 x Linen Trousers, 5 x Cotton Dress, 2 x Pairs Leather Shoes", and so on, rather than "10 x Used Clothing", etc.
Customs processes and allowances differ according to country, so we suggest all travellers take 5 minutes to check how their shipment will be assessed according to Turks and Caicos customs regulations.
More information is available on our customs information page.
What can I send to Turks and Caicos Islands? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a holiday suitcase, for security and customs reasons however certain items are prohibited, please find these listed below.
A maximum of 1 lithium battery is permitted per shipment (excludes to / from Australia) when it is contained within a working personal electronic device such as a mobile phone. Review our battery policy.
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type (including nail varnish and perfume);
- Toner Cartridges;
- Loose Batteries & Power Banks;
- No more than 1 device containing a battery in line with our battery policy;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations and toys of same);
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable, animal origin and controlled food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Fruit & vegetables, dairy products (including dried products containing dairy such as protein powder), meat, fish, nuts, seeds, wine, beer, spirits and champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones and electrical equipment (low value electrical equipment is permitted but sent at the owner's risk);
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Credit cards;
- Passports or other confidential personal documentation;
- Irreplaceable items;
- Other Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Counterfeit goods;
- Other illegal or restricted goods.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
In addition to the above when sending to Turks and Caicos Islands we prohibit the sending of:
- Playing cards.
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Mobile Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.