Ship Luggage to the Solomon Islands
Important Solomon Islands Customs Information
General Customs Information when shipping to the Solomon Islands
If your bag is stopped by customs and is found to contain brand new or commercial items, your shipment may be assessed for customs duties and taxes. This is because brand new items are not considered to be personal effects.
Most countries offer a generous duty free allowance for personal effects, which are used items that have been in the sender's possession for 6 months or more. Most Send My Bag shipment consist of personal effects, which means they are not stopped by customs.
If, however, you are sending brand new items, such as Christmas gifts, to the Solomon Islands you may need to pay customs taxes and duties in order to clear customs. To make sure of any such costs before you ship, please check with Solomon Islands customs so you are aware of the customs rules in place there, follow any advice given and attach all necessary documentation.
To find out more, check out our customs information page.
To show that your shipment consists of personal effects, you will be required on booking your shipment to complete a short packing list online, with entries to be made in the following non-generic format: "5 x Cotton Shirt, 2 x Pairs of Trainers, 3 x Linen Shirt", and so on, rather than as "10 x Used Clothing".
What can I send to Solomon Islands? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a holiday suitcase, for security and customs reasons however certain items are prohibited, please find these listed below.
A maximum of 1 lithium battery is permitted per shipment (excludes to / from Australia) when it is contained within a working personal electronic device such as a mobile phone. Review our battery policy.
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type (including nail varnish and perfume);
- Toner Cartridges;
- Loose Batteries & Power Banks;
- No more than 1 device containing a battery in line with our battery policy;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations and toys of same);
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable, animal origin and controlled food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Fruit & vegetables, dairy products (including dried products containing dairy such as protein powder), meat, fish, nuts, seeds, wine, beer, spirits and champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones and electrical equipment (low value electrical equipment is permitted but sent at the owner's risk);
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Credit cards;
- Passports or other confidential personal documentation;
- Irreplaceable items;
- Other Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Counterfeit goods;
- Other illegal or restricted goods.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Mobile Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.