Baggage Shipping to Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia is located in south-west Asia, bordering Jordan, Iraq, Kuwait, Yemen, Oman, UAE, Qatar and Bahrain. The country has a population of 27 million people. Arabic is the main language, with English widely spoken in urban areas. Saudi Arabia is ruled according to the Qur’an and Shari’ah law.
There are plenty of architectural sites and areas of natural beauty to enjoy in Saudi Arabia, such as Madain Saleh – the tombs of the ancient Nabatean people – Wahba Crater, Asir National Park and the Farasan Islands – a real destination for bird watchers.
Why Ship to Saudi Arabia?
SendMyBag can send your luggage to your hotel in Saudi Arabia, so it is waiting for you on arrival. This means that you do not have to drag it on to public transport. This also means that you can sail through the airport without having to wait in line at bag drop or wait around at luggage carousels.
Note that the UK Foreign Office has issued warnings against travel in certain areas of Saudi Arabia, particularly in the border region with Yemen. Check your Foreign Office website before travelling.
Important Saudi Arabia Customs Information
Customers are currently limited to a maximum declared value of £140 / 100€ / $200 USD / $200 AUD for shipments entering Saudi Arabia in order to avoid delays with customs clearance and additional duty and taxes being applied. The declared value is for customs purposes only and does not affect the level of Send My Bag Complimentary Cover selected at the time of booking. Further information is available on our FAQ page.
General Customs Information
Most countries offer a generous duty free allowance for personal effects and the majority of Send My Bag™ shipments worldwide will not be stopped by customs.
Personal effects are usually assessed as used items which have been in the sender's possession for 6 months or more. If your bag is checked by customs and is found to contain brand new or commercial items your shipment may be assessed for customs duties and taxes. If you are sending Christmas gifts please check with the destination country so you are aware of potential customs duties, follow their advice and attach all necessary documentation.
Customs processes and allowances do vary by country and as such we advise all travellers take 5 minutes to check how their personal circumstances and what they are sending will be assessed under the prevailing customs regulations of the destination.
When a bag is stopped by customs for any reason (missing documentation, prohibited contents, commercial contents or further information required) Send My Bag™ records how long customs hold it for. Our historical statistics for this route indicate that if the customs authority stops your bag they will on average take 1 days to process it and release it back to us for delivery.
More information is available in on our customs information page.
In order to demonstrate your shipment is personal effects you will be required to complete a brief non generic packing list online, entries to be made in the format: "5 x Cotton T-Shirts, 2 x Jeans, 3 x Cotton Shirt" and so on rather than as "10 x Used Clothing".
What can I send to Saudi Arabia? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a holiday suitcase, for security and customs reasons however certain items are prohibited, please find these listed below.
A maximum of 1 lithium battery is permitted per shipment (excludes to / from Australia) when it is contained within a working personal electronic device such as a mobile phone. Review our battery policy.
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type (including nail varnish and perfume);
- Toner Cartridges;
- Loose Batteries & Power Banks;
- No more than 1 device containing a battery in line with our battery policy;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations and toys of same);
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable, animal origin and controlled food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Fruit & vegetables, dairy products (including dried products containing dairy such as protein powder), meat, fish, nuts, seeds, wine, beer, spirits and champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones and electrical equipment (low value electrical equipment is permitted but sent at the owner's risk);
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Credit cards;
- Passports or other confidential personal documentation;
- Irreplaceable items;
- Other Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Counterfeit goods;
- Other illegal or restricted goods.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
In addition to the above when sending to Saudi Arabia we prohibit the sending of:
- Items offensive to Muslim and Saudi culture;
- Religious publications;
- Electronic cigarettes and eliquids;
- Items containing inbuilt cameras such as drones, eye glasses and smart watches.
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Mobile Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.