Send Luggage to Nepal
Travel to Nepal luggage free by sending your luggage ahead with Send My Bag.
Important Nepal Customs Information
Holiday baggage and other time sensitive packages should not be sent on this route.
The volume of shipments sent to this destination across the last 12 weeks has not been sufficient to meet our minimum number of on time shipments required for holiday baggage approval.
On this route you are required to visit the destination country’s official customs website and make yourself aware of any requirements, processes or fees, which may be due based on your personal circumstances and what you are shipping.
Upon arrival in the destination you agree to comply with any customs processes, provide the customs authority with any information they request and to discuss the clearance of the shipment directly with the customs authority or our delivery partner in the destination.
General Customs Information
Personal effects are usually assessed as used items which have been in the sender's possession for 6 months or more. If your bag is checked by customs and is found to contain brand new or commercial items your shipment may be assessed for customs duties and taxes. If you are sending Christmas gifts please check with the destination country so you are aware of potential customs duties, follow their advice and attach all necessary documentation.
In order to demonstrate your shipment is personal effects you will be required to complete a brief non generic packing list online, entries to be made in the format: "5 x Cotton T-Shirts, 2 x Jeans, 3 x Cotton Shirt" and so on rather than as "10 x Used Clothing".
Customs processes and allowances do vary by country and as such we advise all travellers take 5 minutes to check how their personal circumstances and what they are sending will be assessed under the prevailing customs regulations of the destination.
More information is available on our customs information page.
What can I send to Nepal? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a holiday suitcase, for security and customs reasons however certain items are prohibited, please find these listed below.
A maximum of 1 lithium battery is permitted per shipment (excludes to / from Australia & China when no device containing a lithium battery can be shipped) when it is contained within a working personal electronic device such as a mobile phone. Review our battery policy.
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type (including nail varnish, perfume, aftershave & liquid deodorant);
- Toner Cartridges;
- Loose Batteries & Power Banks;
- No more than ONE device containing a lithium battery in line with our battery policy OR when shipping to / from Australia or China, NO device containing any type of battery;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations and toys of same);
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Tobacco and all vaping products (whether nicotine based or not);
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable, animal origin and controlled food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Fruit & vegetables, dairy products (including dried products containing dairy such as protein powder), meat, fish, nuts, seeds, wine, beer, spirits and champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones and electrical equipment (low value electrical equipment is permitted but sent at the owner's risk);
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Credit cards;
- Passports or other confidential personal documentation;
- Irreplaceable items;
- Other Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Counterfeit goods;
- Other illegal or restricted goods.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
In addition to the above when sending to Nepal we prohibit the sending of:
- Mobile phones, satellite communicators and similar items.
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Mobile Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.