Luggage Shipping to French Guiana
Send your luggage to French Guiana if going on an extended trip or moving there permanently. It saves a lot of hassle on your journey and enables you to bring more than airline baggage rules allow.
Important French Guiana Customs Information
General Customs Information
Most Send My Bag shipments pass through customs without being stopped because the majority of countries offer a generous duty-free allowance for personal effects. These are personal items that have been in the sender's possession for 6 months or more.
To indicate to customs officials that your shipment consists of personal effects, you must create a short non-generic packing list online, as follows: "1 x Denim Jacket, 4 Cotton Dress, 5 x Cotton T-Shirt", and so on, rather than as "10 x Used Clothing".
If French Guianan customs discover brand new or commercial items in your shipment you may be required to pay customs duties and taxes. This is something to keep in mind if you are sending Christmas gifts to French Guiana. Please check with local customs so you are aware of any customs duties that need to be paid, follow any advice provided and attach all documentation required of you.
As customs processes and allowances are different depending on the country, we ask customers to take 5 minutes to see how their particular circumstances and what they are sending will be viewed according to current French Guianan customs regulations.
Further information is available on our customs information page.
What can I send to French Guiana? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a holiday suitcase, for security and customs reasons however certain items are prohibited, please find these listed below.
A maximum of 1 lithium battery is permitted per shipment (excludes to / from Australia) when it is contained within a working personal electronic device such as a mobile phone. Review our battery policy.
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type (including nail varnish and perfume);
- Toner Cartridges;
- Loose Batteries & Power Banks;
- No more than 1 device containing a battery in line with our battery policy;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations and toys of same);
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable, animal origin and controlled food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Fruit & vegetables, dairy products (including dried products containing dairy such as protein powder), meat, fish, nuts, seeds, wine, beer, spirits and champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones and electrical equipment (low value electrical equipment is permitted but sent at the owner's risk);
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Credit cards;
- Passports or other confidential personal documentation;
- Irreplaceable items;
- Other Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Counterfeit goods;
- Other illegal or restricted goods.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
In addition to the above when sending to French Guiana we prohibit the sending of:
- All foodstuffs including non-perishable items;
- Gambling devices;
- All jewellery including costume jewellery;
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Mobile Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.