Luggage Shipping to Eritrea
Send your luggage to Eritrea to facilitate your move abroad and give yourself a luggage-free journey.
Important Eritrea Customs Information
General Customs Information
Personal effects are used items that have been in the sender's possession for 6 months or more. The majority of countries allow a large amount of these personal items to cross their borders duty free. Because of this allowance, most Send My Bag shipments are not stopped by customs.
To facilitate a speedy customs process, you must demonstrate to customs that your shipment consists of personal effects. To do so you must complete a short packing list online, with entries to be made in the following format: "2 x Pairs Trainers, 3 x Denim Jeans, 2 x Woollen Top", and so on, rather than as "10 x Used Clothing".
If Eritrean customs find brand new or commercial items in your shipment, you may have to pay customs duties and taxes. If you are sending Christmas or birthday gifts to Eritrea please check with Eritrean customs so you are aware of any customs duties that need to be paid, follow any advice they give you and attach any documents required of you.
Customs processes are not the same in every country so we ask all customers to take a few minutes to check how their personal circumstances and what they are sending will be viewed in accordance with Eritrean customs.
More information can be found on our customs information page.
What can I send to Eritrea? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a holiday suitcase, for security and customs reasons however certain items are prohibited, please find these listed below.
A maximum of 1 lithium battery is permitted per shipment (excludes to / from Australia) when it is contained within a working personal electronic device such as a mobile phone. Review our battery policy.
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type (including nail varnish and perfume);
- Toner Cartridges;
- Loose Batteries & Power Banks;
- No more than 1 device containing a battery in line with our battery policy;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations and toys of same);
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable, animal origin and controlled food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Fruit & vegetables, dairy products (including dried products containing dairy such as protein powder), meat, fish, nuts, seeds, wine, beer, spirits and champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones and electrical equipment (low value electrical equipment is permitted but sent at the owner's risk);
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Credit cards;
- Passports or other confidential personal documentation;
- Irreplaceable items;
- Other Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Counterfeit goods;
- Other illegal or restricted goods.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Mobile Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.