Luggage Shipping to Democratic Republic of Congo
Heading to the Democratic Republic of Congo and need to take a lot of stuff with you? Then avoid excess baggage fees by sending your things with Send My Bag and enjoy a luggage-free journey at the same time.
What can I send to The Democratic Republic of the Congo? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a holiday suitcase, for security and customs reasons however certain items are prohibited, please find these listed below.
A maximum of 1 lithium battery is permitted per shipment (excludes to / from Australia & China when no device containing a lithium battery can be shipped) when it is contained within a working personal electronic device such as a mobile phone. Review our battery policy.
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type (including nail varnish, perfume, aftershave & liquid deodorant);
- Toner Cartridges;
- Loose Batteries & Power Banks;
- No more than ONE device containing a lithium battery in line with our battery policy OR when shipping to / from Australia or China, NO device containing any type of battery;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations and toys of same);
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Tobacco and all vaping products (whether nicotine based or not);
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable, animal origin and controlled food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Fruit & vegetables, dairy products (including dried products containing dairy such as protein powder), meat, fish, nuts, seeds, wine, beer, spirits and champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones and electrical equipment (low value electrical equipment is permitted but sent at the owner's risk);
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Credit cards;
- Passports or other confidential personal documentation;
- Irreplaceable items;
- Other Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Counterfeit goods;
- Other illegal or restricted goods.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Mobile Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.