Luggage Shipping to the Cayman Islands
Moving to the sunny climes of the Cayman Islands? Returning there after a long trip abroad? Make sure you have all your favourite possessions with you by sending them to the Cayman Islands using Send My Bag.
Important Cayman Islands Customs Information
General Customs Information
Personal effects are defined as items that have been in the sender’s possession for at least six months. Most countries offer a duty-free allowance for personal effects, which means that the majority of Send My Bag shipments will not be stopped by customs.
If your shipment is found to contain brand new or commercial items, however, you may have to pay taxes and duties.
You should bear this in mind if sending brand new items, such as Christmas or birthday presents, to the Cayman Islands. You should research beforehand any customs duties you might have to pay, take any advice given by Caymanian customs, and attach any documentation required of you.
To show customs officials that you are only sending personal effects, you need to complete a packing list online, that should be written as follows: "2 x Linen Skirt, 3 x Cotton Shirt, 2 x Denim Jeans", and so on, rather than as "10 x Used Clothing".
When a bag is stopped by customs for any reason (missing documentation, prohibited contents, commercial contents or further information required) Send My Bag™ records how long customs hold it for. Our historical statistics for this route indicate that if the customs authority stops your bag they will on average take 2 days to process it and release it back to us for delivery.
Customs processes and allowances do vary by country and so we advise all travellers take 5 minutes to check how their personal circumstances and what they are sending will be assessed under prevailing Caymanian customs regulations.
More information is available on our customs information page.
What can I send to Cayman Islands? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a holiday suitcase, for security and customs reasons however certain items are prohibited, please find these listed below.
A maximum of 1 lithium battery is permitted per shipment (excludes to / from Australia) when it is contained within a working personal electronic device such as a mobile phone. Review our battery policy.
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type (including nail varnish and perfume);
- Toner Cartridges;
- Loose Batteries & Power Banks;
- No more than 1 device containing a battery in line with our battery policy;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations and toys of same);
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable, animal origin and controlled food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Fruit & vegetables, dairy products (including dried products containing dairy such as protein powder), meat, fish, nuts, seeds, wine, beer, spirits and champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones and electrical equipment (low value electrical equipment is permitted but sent at the owner's risk);
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Credit cards;
- Passports or other confidential personal documentation;
- Irreplaceable items;
- Other Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Counterfeit goods;
- Other illegal or restricted goods.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
In addition to the above when sending to Cayman Islands we prohibit the sending of:
- Gambling devices;
- Playing cards.
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Mobile Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.