Luggage Shipping to Bahrain
Send your things to Bahrain to allow you to relocate there or move back home. You can also send sports equipment, including golf clubs and bikes.
Important Bahrain Customs Information
Customers are currently limited to a maximum declared value of $500 USD / £300 / 435€/ $685 AUD for shipments entering Bahrain, in order to reduce the chance of delays with customs clearance and additional duty and taxes.
The declared value is for customs purposes only and does not affect the level of Send My Bag Complimentary Cover selected at the time of booking. Further information is available on our FAQ page.
General customs information
Most countries allow a reasonable amount of personal effects to be shipped into their country duty free, so the majority of Send My Bag shipments worldwide will not be stopped by customs.
Personal effects are usually assessed as used items that have been in the sender's possession for at least 6 months. If your bag is inspected by Bahrain customs officials and they find brand new or commercial items, you may have to pay customs duties and taxes. Do keep this in mind if you are sending Christmas gifts. Please check with Bahrain customs so you are aware of potential customs duties, follow any advice given and attach all necessary documentation.
Customs processes and allowances do vary by country, so we advise all travellers take 5 minutes to check how their personal circumstances and what they are sending will be assessed under the prevailing Bahrain customs regulations.
When a bag is stopped by customs for any reason (missing documentation, prohibited contents, commercial contents or further information required) Send My Bag™ records how long customs hold it for. Our historical statistics for this route indicate that if the customs authority stops your bag they will on average take 1 days to process it and release it back to us for delivery.
In order to show your shipment is personal effects, you will be required to complete a brief non-generic packing list online, entries to be made in the format: "2 x Leather Jacket, 5 x Denim Jeans, 3 x Cotton Blouse", and so on, rather than as "10 x Used Clothing".
More information is available on our customs information page.
What can I send to Bahrain? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a holiday suitcase, for security and customs reasons however certain items are prohibited, please find these listed below.
A maximum of 1 lithium battery is permitted per shipment (excludes to / from Australia & China when no device containing a lithium battery can be shipped) when it is contained within a working personal electronic device such as a mobile phone. Review our battery policy.
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type (including nail varnish, perfume, aftershave & liquid deodorant);
- Toner Cartridges;
- Loose Batteries & Power Banks;
- No more than ONE device containing a lithium battery in line with our battery policy OR when shipping to / from Australia or China, NO device containing any type of battery;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations and toys of same);
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable, animal origin and controlled food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Fruit & vegetables, dairy products (including dried products containing dairy such as protein powder), meat, fish, nuts, seeds, wine, beer, spirits and champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones and electrical equipment (low value electrical equipment is permitted but sent at the owner's risk);
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Credit cards;
- Passports or other confidential personal documentation;
- Irreplaceable items;
- Other Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Counterfeit goods;
- Other illegal or restricted goods.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
In addition to the above when sending to Bahrain we prohibit the sending of:
- Items offensive to Muslim culture;
- Mobile Phones;
- Non-prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products.
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Mobile Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.