Baggage Shipping to Antigua and Barbuda
Important Antigua and Barbuda Customs Information
General Customs Information when shipping to Antigua and Barbuda
As most countries offer a generous duty free allowance for personal effects, the majority of Send My Bag shipments worldwide will not be intercepted by customs.
Personal effects are typically considered to be used items which have been in the sender's possession for at least 6 months. If your bag is stopped by Antigua and Barbuda customs and officials find brand new or commercial items, your shipment may be assessed for customs duties and taxes. If you are sending Christmas gifts to Antigua and Barbuda, please check with local customs so you are aware of any potential customs duties you have to pay. Please follow their advice and attach all necessary documentation.
All travellers should take 5 minutes to check how their personal circumstances and their shipment will be assessed by Antigua and Barbuda customs, as this may be different to other countries you have shipped luggage to before.
To read more, check out our customs information page.
If only sending personal effects, you need to demonstrate this to customs officials by completing a brief non-generic packing list online, in the following way: "5 x Cotton Blouse, 2 x Pairs of Leather Shoes, 5 x Pairs of Polyester Socks", and so on, rather than as "12 x Used Clothing".
What can I send to Antigua and Barbuda? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a holiday suitcase, for security and customs reasons however certain items are prohibited, please find these listed below.
A maximum of 1 lithium battery is permitted per shipment (excludes to / from Australia) when it is contained within a working personal electronic device such as a mobile phone. Review our battery policy.
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type (including nail varnish and perfume);
- Toner Cartridges;
- Loose Batteries & Power Banks;
- No more than 1 device containing a battery in line with our battery policy;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations and toys of same);
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable, animal origin and controlled food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Fruit & vegetables, dairy products (including dried products containing dairy such as protein powder), meat, fish, nuts, seeds, wine, beer, spirits and champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones and electrical equipment (low value electrical equipment is permitted but sent at the owner's risk);
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Credit cards;
- Passports or other confidential personal documentation;
- Irreplaceable items;
- Other Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Counterfeit goods;
- Other illegal or restricted goods.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Mobile Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.