Luggage Shipping to Anguilla
Moving to the island of Anguilla or enjoying an extended trip there? Then send your luggage with Send My Bag and enjoy care-free travel.
Important Anguilla Customs Information
General Customs Information
Most countries allow a certain amount of personal effects to cross their borders, duty free. This means that most Send My Bag shipments pass through customs without being stopped by officials. Personal effects are considered by most customs officials to be items that have been in the sender’s possession for at least 6 months.
If your bag is checked by Anguillan customs and brand new or commercial items are found, you may be required to pay customs duties and taxes. This is something to keep in mind if you are sending Christmas or birthday presents to Anguilla. Please make sure you know beforehand about any taxes or duties you need to pay before you send your items. Also make sure that you attach all documentation required of you.
You need to indicate to customs officials that your shipment is made up of personal effects. To do so, you are required to complete a short packing list online, as follows: "10 x Pairs of Socks, 2 x Leather Sandals, 3 x Linen Shirt’, and so on, rather than as "10 x Used Clothing".
We suggest that all travellers assess how their personal circumstances and what they are sending will be viewed in accordance with Anguillan customs regulations.
Additional information is available on our customs information page.
What can I send to Anguilla? What items are restricted?
With Send My Bag™ you can travel with almost everything you would normally find in a holiday suitcase, for security and customs reasons however certain items are prohibited, please find these listed below.
A maximum of 1 lithium battery is permitted per shipment (excludes to / from Australia) when it is contained within a working personal electronic device such as a mobile phone. Review our battery policy.
- Aerosols or any other pressurised containers;
- Liquids, Pastes and Gels of any type (including nail varnish and perfume);
- Toner Cartridges;
- Loose Batteries & Power Banks;
- No more than 1 device containing a battery in line with our battery policy;
- Animals and Animal products;
- Firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons (including imitations and toys of same);
- Flowers and plant products;
- Human remains or ashes;
- Medical samples;
- Items that require a temperature controlled environment;
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products;
- Religious Artefacts
- Foodstuffs, perishable, animal origin and controlled food articles and beverages including, but not limited to: Fruit & vegetables, dairy products (including dried products containing dairy such as protein powder), meat, fish, nuts, seeds, wine, beer, spirits and champagne; or
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind;
- Valuables and high value items including but not limited to antiques, paintings, jewellery, precious stones and electrical equipment (low value electrical equipment is permitted but sent at the owner's risk);
- Cash or other forms of tradeable currency;
- Credit cards;
- Passports or other confidential personal documentation;
- Irreplaceable items;
- Other Dangerous / hazardous goods;
- Counterfeit goods;
- Other illegal or restricted goods.
More information is available under section 11 of our terms of service.
In addition to the above when sending to Anguilla we prohibit the sending of:
- All cosmetic products
- Electronic / video / computer games and associated equipment.
- Non-prescription drugs
- Costume Jewellery
- Works of art
- All food stuffs including non perishable items such as confectionary, health or fitness supplements.
Items excluded from cover
The following items will be accepted but are sent at your risk and are not included under complimentary cover:
- Electrical Items, including but not limited to; Tablets, Mobile Phones, Computers, Hi-Fis, TVs.
- Glass & Porcelain.
- Any other non standard excess baggage items.
If you choose to send any of the above please ensure you package the item appropriately, for example a TV inside a suitcase is not appropriate.